Architectural Aluminium Academy
It is an organization created for professionals in the field of Architectural Aluminium Systems who wish to improve their constructions and the quality of their finished products in order to offer the best possible service. The most important thing, however, lies in the fact that this is a project transmitting the culture of cooperation between us and our partners, with joint success as the main goal of this journey.
The Action is co-financed by EPANEK (European Regional Development Fund of the European Union) and from national resources and is implemented through the General Secretariat for Research and Innovation (GSIC).
The industry’s upgrade
To become a benchmark for the upgrading of the construction sector, promoting the principles of sustainability at every stage, from design to construction of modern buildings.
Spreading the knowledge
To equip the professionals of the industry with knowledge of sustainable construction practices through research, education, and consultancy, building long-term relationships with them and partnerships to create a positive impact on the environment and society.
The Academy staff is ready to share its knowledge and experience with you.
The establishment of the center of excellence for architectural aluminium “Architectural Aluminium Academy” is implemented within the framework of the co-financed project entitled “Innovation and skills development center of the aluminium industry with a focus on digital transformation and Industry 4.0” with code ΓΡ2CC-0110274 of the action “Centers of Competence” financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and by National Resources within the Operational Program “Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation (EPANEK)” of the NSRF 2014-2020. The approved aid reaches 1.65 million euros. It is a partnership of successful companies in the sector (Alumil, GLM, etc.), high-tech companies (D-Cube, Atlantis Engineering), and universities (Aristotle University, University of Macedonia).
The Architectural Aluminium Academy aims to support the architectural aluminium systems industry through:
- The design and implementation of a dynamic framework for the development of skills of employees and self-employed individuals in the sector
- Cultivating a culture of healthy, outgoing, and innovative entrepreneurship
- The creation of new technological tools that support, among other things, skills development, and technical support processes
- The creation of an observatory of innovations for cultivating new skills to support any need
- The establishment of a new pole of innovation, based in Greece.
The project will support the above objectives of the Academy, with actions such as:
- The development of educational and support material for consulting services
- The supply of equipment and software, as well as the creation of building infrastructure
- Conducting research to address current industry challenges
- The configuration of new services and the exploitation of the project’s results
- The communication of project results.